Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoke Detectors required in 2015

4 posters

Go down

Smoke Detectors required in 2015 Empty Smoke Detectors required in 2015

Post by Amber Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Is it true that from this year it will be obligatory to have smoke detectors fitted in your property?

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Smoke Detectors required in 2015 Empty Re: Smoke Detectors required in 2015

Post by Le-Dolly Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Amber wrote:Is it true that from this year it will be obligatory to have smoke detectors fitted in your property?

Most certainly so, in actual fact from early March.
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

http://www.pink-electrique.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by lady of leisure Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:21 am

we have always had one, is there a certain amount required?
lady of leisure
lady of leisure

Back to top Go down

Post by ARKWRIGHT Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:55 pm

lady of leisure wrote:we have always had one,  is there a certain amount required?

I read about the new law last year and I am sure that there is a requirement for one smoke detector for each floor level and one carbon monoxide detector for each appliance eg. gas / oil fired boiler, gas cooker etc.

The electrician who rewired my house fitted a smoke detector at the foot of stairs so I fitted another one on the landing. I will need two CO detectors, one for the kitchen and one for the area where the oil fired boiler is located.

ARKWRIGHT

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:18 pm

ARKWRIGHT wrote:
lady of leisure wrote:we have always had one,  is there a certain amount required?

I read about the new law last year and I am sure that there is a requirement for one smoke detector for each floor level and one carbon monoxide detector for each appliance eg. gas / oil fired boiler, gas cooker etc.

The electrician who rewired my house fitted a smoke detector at the foot of stairs so I fitted another one on the landing. I will need two CO detectors, one for the kitchen and one for the area where the oil fired boiler is located.

The law requires that one smoke detector is fitted per household and there is no obligation to fit CO detectors. However smoke detectors should be fitted generally in hallways and/or landings providing that they do not pick up fumes or vapours from kitchens or bathrooms. Detectors are available with a battery life of one year and to ten years using lithium batteries. They are also available to be interlinked via cable or radio (bluetooth) so that when one sounds, they all sound.
It should be noted also that it is the home-owner/tenant's responsibility to notify their insurance agent that they have complied with the law and fitted the said items. A sample letter of attestation may be such:

Je soussigné (nom, prénom), détenteur du contrat n° (numéro du contrat d'assurance) atteste avoir installé un détecteur de fumée normalisé au (adresse) conforme à la norme NF EN 14604.

Fait à (lieu), le (date)

Signature

To comply with the law (loi n°2010-238), smoke detectors must be fitted by 8 March 2015.
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

http://www.pink-electrique.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Thank you, Le Dolly, for your informative reply.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by ARKWRIGHT Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 pm

ARKWRIGHT wrote:

I've found the information I read last year. I knew that I had read about smoke detectors somewhere.

The following info appeared in ''CREUSE NEWS March 2014, Issue 69, Page 14''

FIRE AND MONOXIDE DETECTORS
''From March 2015 all homes must have smoke detectors placed on each floor and monoxide detectors placed near any source of combustion''

It would appear that the above information published by the Creuse News is incorrect and that the information supplied by Le-Dolly is correct.

ARKWRIGHT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down