Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner tonight?

+16
Spitfire48
twointheeye
STINKY1207
BLAKEVINE
very19
Frankie
er indoors
redburmese
Richard T
Izzyedwards
Myriam
Escapee
Inkflo
Tony H
Tofu_Lover
Le-Dolly
20 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What's for dinner tonight? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by Izzyedwards Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:02 am

Ok, so what's everyone having for dinner tonight, and more importantly tomorrow? Roast beef tonight, and then roast lamb tomorrow! Whatever you're eating and drinking, I hope you all have the very merriest of Christmases! x rendeer 

Izzyedwards

http://Www.izzysumbrella.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Going to friends for dinner tonight so don't know what we're having. Tomorrow there's just the two of us and we will have 'Fruit du Mer' at lunchtime then roast duck in the evening.  

What's for dinner tonight? - Page 6 U450

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Today we have eaten homemade vegetable soup, boeuf bourguignon with wholemeal organic rice, cheese plateau, apple and rhubarb crumble with homemade custard.

Tomorrow we will be having roast rabbit with garlic, boiled potatoes, red cabbage with apples, red fruit and cloves, accompanied by pears cooked in wine, cheese plateau (and probably the rest of the crumble).
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:52 pm

We seldom eat meat for Christmas Eve dinner, so tonight we will be enjoying a Lobster & Scallop Gratin, three types of Prawns, Dressed Crab, Spider Crab Legs, Potted Shrimps (Morecambe Bay style), Chilli Fried Queenie's, and two Carpaccio's, one of Salmon and the other of Octopus. Mucho, mucho vino and Vodka (my special 95% special reserve).

Tomorrow will start with Scrambled Eggs with Truffles accompanied with Champagne with the addition of Orange Juice or Triple Sec. A mid afternoon lunch will consist of Roast Guinea Fowl with assorted Roast Veg (Pots, Sweet Pots, Carrots, Parsnips, Red Onion), the ubiquitous Sprouts with Chestnuts, Jerusalem Artichokes, Crosnes and three Stuffings with assorted midget Sausages(Bacon Wrapped and otherwise). Christmas Pud will be reserved for the evening with both Rum Sauce or Brandy Butter available to those who can take any more.
Yum! Yum!

Joyeux Noël
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

http://www.pink-electrique.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi Folks
After all the work getting ready for Xmas, tonight we are having Bacon,eggs,and beans on toast.It is a sort of tradition,the night before Christmas. then we will throw a few logs on the fire and hunker down for the night.
Merry xmas to you all and we hope all those folk travelling home for christmas arrive safe and well.
Simmo in the High Correze, watching the wind and rain swept forests and hills from a cosy and warm little home .

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Well, we have had an entree of oysters cooked in a champagne sauce, sesame seed and poppy crackers (Waitrose!) with smoked salmon and cod roe with a glass of rose and a few glasses of champagne followed by a home made creation involving mushrooms, blue cheese and walnuts within a sauce made into a pie accompanied by roast potatoes, parsnips, brussels and carrots with an onion gravy. Dessert is a frozen fancy which will come shortly accompanied by a glass or two of dessert wine and a coffee with a petit somme to follow.............................Merry Christmas everybody. K&DrTx.
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:19 am

Why has this thread stopped; I miss it! Inspired by New Year, Jamie Oliver and a desire to be a bit more creative, we have embarked on making a few new things to eat. The last few days have produced the following - fish&spice fishcakes; noix st jaques in a cream/citrus sauce; endives braised in a white wine&herb stock; leek and goats cheese tarte and a 3-fish lasagne....which have all been reasonably easy yet rewarding to make (accompanied by other things of course). What's everyone else been eating???
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by twointheeye Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 am

It's Friday, so it's fish & chips!! Home made, but we see Carrefour selling frozen boxes of "fish and chips" - in English - so maybe we'll try them one day.

twointheeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Today it was tartelet de chevre with a salad of jeunes pousses, grilled red pepper and walnuts, followed by stuffed pork fillet (bread, sage & onion stuffing) with baked potato and grilled tomatoes provençale. Cheese board & a glass of red, coffee.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Tonight it will be Confit d'Oie, Pomme de Terre Forestière in a Sarladaise style with crinkly (the name escapes me) Cabbage & Lardons. Cheeses followed by Crème Brûlée.
Yum! Yum!
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Tonight there will be no cooking, from me at least, we will be dining at Le Passe Muraille in La Souterraine. This is not a recommendation, but it might be quite good as I go there pretty often. I don't know what will be chosen tonight, but Steak Tartare will probably feature heavily.

Yum! Yum!
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Tried that restaurant last year and enjoyed it very much. Food and service was good.
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:23 pm

don't know about Le Passe Muraille as it's MILES away from us, but, here in deepest Corrreze my husband excelled himself tonight by making the most amazing moussaka; deeeeeelishus it was.
Hope you had a great evening Le-Dolly.
K
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:08 am

After a slightly disappointing start to the evening (see other thread), the meal out was at least a winner. After apero's, Kir & and unusually a Pinte, we started with a Salade Périgourdine and Oeufs en Cocotte. The mains to follow were as predicted Steak Tartare and Filet de Caille aux Foie Gras. Desserts to finish were a Gateau Banane and Nougat Glacé with a coulis of red fruits. The obligatory free digestif to finish the evening was this time a very fine Talisker.

Yum! Yum!
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:18 pm

After Thursday's blow out, it was Corned Beef Hash & Peas for dinner last night. Tonight, strangely, it will be another UK favourite, Liver & Onions with added Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Smoked Back Bacon accompanied by Mash.

Yum! Yum!
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

Back to top Go down

Post by er indoors Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:07 pm

Le-Dolly wrote:After a slightly disappointing start to the evening (see other thread

Where is it?? I am very curious as I love it there.

Tonight is a 'brown' dinner, potato scallops, fishcakes & baked beans!! Kids loved it  Very Happy 

er indoors

Back to top Go down

Post by er indoors Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Ok, feel really bad as never normally  do brown/ beige dinners but tonight is another partial one  Embarassed , cordon bleus (kids love them) along with home made cauliflower cheese & peas..oh & a baguette. Yesterday (I am happy to say) was home made spit roast chicken, with home made focaccia, salad & home made German potato salad (I feel better now I have added yesterday's dinner!!! Laughing )

er indoors

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:20 pm

so Tim has been soaking and cooking lots of beans today so it's a melange of beans, veg and the rest of the pain epi for dinner tonight, followed by a tarte au citron we forgot at lunchtime.....could be in for a windy night....according to the meteo....
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:28 pm

As nobody seems to have eaten dinner for over a month, I thought that I would kick off again with tonight's Paella Mixta.
Yum! Yum!
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Lamb & onion pie with gravy.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Especially for Tradzoner, as he, she or it has no interest in what we eat.
Tonight we will be seated for a feast of Rôti de Porc Confit, "Façon Enchaud", Roast veg consisting of Crusty Pots, Carrots, Red Onions, Parsnips & Torpedo Shallots. Accompanied with Asparagus and Girolles. Thirst's will be quenched with a twenty year old Rioja. It will be followed by a selection of Cheeses and an old Port. The dessert has yet to be decided.
Yum! Yum!
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Oooooooh - I'll be round in a gif - where was it you live again......only joking. It all sounds lovely. We are having a leek, olive and goat's cheese tarte, prepared by my lovely husband, with ratte potatoes and probably salade. Our thirsts will probably be quenched with white wine tonight and I've no idea what surprise we have for dessert although we are still a bit full from a lovely meal we had out last night...........scrummy! K.
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 am

Tonight's dinner will commence with a Cream of Asparagus Soup which will be followed with Guinea Fowl, Roasted with vegetables and a Morilles & Armagnac stuffing with a portions of Asparagus tips and Broccoli. Cheeses, including a wonderful Trappe d'Echourgnac served with a Vin de Noix, will follow and then a Caramel GÜ dessert.
Yum! Yum!
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

Back to top Go down

Post by STINKY1207 Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Tonight, dear friends, I fancy a curry.
Going to have a Tarka.
It's like a Tikka, only Otter.

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Tomorrow's lunch will be pumpkin soup and bread, washed down with a château de la pompe. No cheese either, as I thought the shops would be open today but they were not.

Will do a tarte tatin for dessert though + coffee.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next