Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carte de séjour

5 posters

Go down

Carte de séjour Empty Carte de séjour

Post by Aethelberht Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:24 pm

While waiting for an application for dual nationality (if I decide to go for it) I'm wondering about applying for a 5 year Carte de Séjour as a back-up / safety net, to give a little security post-Brexit. Anybody gone through this in the Limousin (I would have to go through Tulle I believe)?
Aethelberht
Aethelberht

Back to top Go down

Carte de séjour Empty Re: Carte de séjour

Post by Myriam Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aethelberht Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Thanks Myriam. I had seen this but it seems to have been updated. Would still like to hear from anyone who has experienced either process - naturalisation or carte de séjour.
Aethelberht
Aethelberht

Back to top Go down

Carte de séjour Empty carte de sejour

Post by simmo Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi Simmo here
Was planning on starting the procedure in June this year once our government has put their brains into gear and got Something like an agreement with the EU. I am not holding my breath though  and it is really getting sorted by  March 2019. So please keep us forum folks posted of any news you hear.
Thank you
Simmo

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Aethelberht Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:05 am

Surely someone out there has gone through the process already? UK nationals should really be thinking about it as, IF the current plans get through, the French will introduce a new residence permit for us. We will have to prove existing legal residence, but a Carte de Séjour will probably suffice, whereas otherwise we'll be at the mercy of French admin who might not be so sympathetic by that stage! There are stories on-line suggesting a wide difference in attitudes around the country, so it would be useful to know of experiences with Limousin officialdom.
Aethelberht
Aethelberht

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:52 pm

I will certainly not be leaving it to chance, but, applying for a carte de séjour dès que possible.

I am also a bit gobsmacked that there has been little or no response to this topic....
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 am

Bad timing on my part when visiting the Préfecture. The Salle d’attente was full so I got a telephone number from a nice man on reception who suggested a phone call would be easier than waiting for hours to pose a question!
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Carte de séjour Empty Also Gobsmacked :)

Post by baldlygo Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:40 am

Aethelberht wrote:Surely someone out there has gone through the process already?  UK nationals should really be thinking about it as, IF the current plans get through, the French will introduce a new residence permit for us.  We will have to prove existing legal residence, but a Carte de Séjour will probably suffice, whereas otherwise we'll be at the mercy of French admin who might not be so sympathetic by that stage!  There are stories on-line suggesting a wide difference in attitudes around the country, so it would be useful to know of experiences with Limousin officialdom.

Could be that there is only us few still on this Limousin forum Sad however I did find this FB post :-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RemainInFranceTogether/permalink/2072636322954325/

baldlygo
baldlygo

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Update. Having put my dossier together using the checklist supplied by the Préfecture in Tulle, I have now got my récépissé de demande and await my carte de séjour! Take note that the lady at the guichet went to great pains to tell me that the list put together by the premier ministre was for guidance and that the Préfecture also required to see the birth certificate and marriage certificate (neither of which are on the list). She suggested they could be scanned and sent to the Préfecture by email. This is what was done and she was happy to give me my récépissé and take my fingerprints. My “interview” took 1 hour 10 mins during which time she went through all my photocopies, photos etc as well as asking me to fill in a supplementary information questionnaire and asking me some thought provoking questions whilst she tapped away at her ordinateur also chatting to her colleague in the next guichet who was creating my husband’s dossier.
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:06 pm

You got off very lightly, congratulations Blakevine!

Did you get all your official documents officially translated, or did they accept the English originals? I have heard of some British people having been turned away in Tulle and they only managed to get an appointment after "Solvit" got involved...

Well done, I'm very pleased for you!
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi Myriam, all the documents provided were, of course, in French....with the exception of the additional birth and marriage certificate (which were not on the list). She said we could just scan them and send them by e-mail....no translation required....HOWEVER, I did explain in french in the e-mail which columns contained the names of my parents..which is all she said they needed. So, hold your breath and let's see what happens.

I don't think I got off lightly! Some of the questions she posed could have rubbed me up the wrong way, but, I like to think that my charm, wit and determination when I want something, coupled with all my experience of managing awkward people did help!!! Not to mention my ability to explain things in french, of course....

Bye the way, have you got a carte de séjour?

BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

As a national of a nation within the EU I do not need a carte de séjour.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:46 am

Yes, of course, Myriam. How stupid of me!!
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:55 pm

As suggested by the Préfecture, I received an sms telling me that my carte was ready for collection. Today I collected it ; yuppee!
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Well done you! Reason to celebrate.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 am

Thanks Myriam.....as you can imagine, there are a few of us getting our cartes. I am sure we will celebrate when we all have them!
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down