Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter! It's springtime

2 posters

Go down

Winter! It's springtime Empty Winter! It's springtime

Post by tocyvi Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:21 pm

I've got anemones, aubretia, violets and the first crocus in flower; the purple orchids are coming through, as are the first lot of daffodils. It's the middle of January and it's like springtime! I can't believe what's happening in the garden, neither can I believe we're going to get let off this lightly. The trouble is now, if we do get a really hard cold spell, it's going to do a lot of damage to all the plants, shrubs and trees that have been persuaded that spring is already here.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Winter! It's springtime Empty Re: Winter! It's springtime

Post by redburmese Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Looks like wednesday and thursday you may want to cover any tender plants ,snow at 500 thats me in the creuse ,still you say you love the snow so your in luck  Laughing Laughing me i detest it ,i hate it the animals hate it and lugging logs makes the house in a mess  Mad 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi RB
Welcome back. Haven't seen you around for a while. You're right, I love the snow but I've been disappointed this winter (apart from a week in November in the Pyrenees, when I timed it right with a big snowfall). To be honest, my brain was almost in "Spring" mode; starting to think about which veg to put in and other garden projects. What a difference to 2 years ago when we were in the middle of a long period of severe cold!
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Remember that year ,brrrrrr,sorry not on here so much hubby away and copeing with everything myself ,and what with dialup ,although saying that its not been so bad of late .the local village withthe marie get together on the 24 so snow is bound to be around ,nice to be missed though ,and keep those plants covered and loads of logs handy ,cheers for the NEW YEAR sorry its a bit late i know ,but  Razz Razz 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down